Introduction to Ayurvedic Epilepsy Treatment
In Ayurveda, Epilepsy is called Apasmara where“Apa” means loss, and “Smara” means consciousness. So, Epilepsy is a disease that results in seizures associated with loss of consciousness. In Ayurvedic Epilepsy treatment, the Ayurvedic medicines are prepared with natural organic ingredients and herbs. These Ayurvedic medicines have zero side effects. At Neeraj clinic, we give our patients Ayurvedic Medicines prescribed as per the need and severity of the illness.
Ayurvedic Medicine+ Medical Counseling + Nature Therapy = Powerful Results
Classification of Epilepsy as per Ayurveda
As per Ayurveda, there are four types of Epilepsy. Charakhas instituted this classification depending upon the different dashas of the body.
The seizure comes every 12 days. The major sign of this kind of epilepsy are convulsions with repeated seizures. It also includes –
- Seeing Straight
- Unusual moaning sounds
- Foam from mouth
- Unsteady Head
- Stretching of Head and feet
- Pain in the head
- The patient feels the aura of unsteady, moving, shaky, rough, dry or black shapes.
The seizure comes every 15 days. The major sign of this kind of epilepsy is repeated seizures at short intervals with recovery and always being thirsty. It also includes –
- Sweating and fainting attacks
- Seeing fierce, shining and frightening objects
- Yellowish foam from the mouth
- A sensation of hot surrounding
- The yellow color of face, eyes, and skin
The seizure comes every 30 days. The major sign of this kind of epilepsy is long gaps between seizures and delayed recovery of consciousness. It also includes –
- Increased watering of the mouth
- Whitish nails, face, eyes, and skin
- A sensation of cold
- The patient feels heaviness in the body
- Erection of hair of skin
- An aura of white shadow entering the body
- White foam from the mouth
The combination of all the three dashas of the body is the cause of this type of epilepsy. Symptoms overlap from each of the above types.
Now, before moving to the treatment of epilepsy as per Ayurveda, let us learn about its causes.
Causes of Epilepsy as per Ayurveda
As per Ayurveda, the causes of Epilepsy are directly related to the lifestyle of a person. The causes can be grouped as follows -
- Diet: Bad eating habits may lead to epilepsy. Bad eating habits like not maintaining Hygiene and an unbalanced diet can lead to seizures or epilepsy.
- Lifestyle: Improper care of the body like overwork, bad postures, lack of exercise, suppression of natural urges, sexual intercourse during menstruation and excessive or improper use of sense organs can lead to seizures or epilepsy.
- Emotional: The emotional factors like Passion, anger, fear, greed, bewilderment, joy, grief, worry, anxiety, excitement, or agitation can lead to seizures or epilepsy.
- Foreign Agent: Poisons of animals and poisonous food can also cause Epilepsy.
As per Ayurvedic treatment for Epilepsy, avoid the following to reduce Seizure
Management of Epilepsy as per Ayurvedic Treatment
- Shining, fast moving or rotating objects
- Climbing hills or trees
- Eating too many sweets or oily foods
- Drinking too much alcohol
- Feeling very cold or hot
- Eating too much red meat
- Excessive masturbation
- Now, let us move to the part of the management of epilepsy as per Ayurvedic treatment.
Ayurvedic Epilepsy Treatment
At Neeraj clinic, we have a number of natural herbs and medicines for the Ayurvedic Epilepsy treatment. These herbs and medicines have been found to control seizure. Here we will mention the common one that we use to treat the epilepsy patients at Neeraj Clinic.
Old pure desi ghee one teaspoon full in the morning and evening for at least six months Fresh juice of Brahmi with honey 1 teaspoon full daily can remove epilepsy Garlic juice in oil is helpful Powdered root of wild asparagus with milk is used in Ayurvedic treatment for epilepsy Medicines we use for the treatment are -
- Convolvulus Pluricaulis
- Acorus Calamus
- Mukta pishti, and
- Acacia Arabica